Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tea Party!

It's cold and I'm in the mood for tea!  In India, tea is a pretty important drink, and most people drink it several times a day.  It's offered anytime you go somewhere.  It's usually black tea with spices, what most of you refer to as a chai latte.  Once you've had real chai you'll scoff at Starbuck's for even trying!  It's so good and warms the soul.  My husband and I have it on cold Sunday mornings and whenever we have a bonfire.  The usual spices are cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and a few others.  If you have an Indian grocery store by you, go there and pick up "chai masala" and mix it into your next cup of tea.  We make ours at home from scratch, but the one from the store can be pretty good too.

Inspired by the cold and Lisa Vanderpump's tea party I thought hmm if I had a tea party...what would I wear?  Of course when I think of tea parties I think upscale and fancy.  So I'd probably dress it up a little.  Check out below the outfit I picked out.  Perhaps I would tie in gold with my decorations and have gold place settings.  Or perhaps an accent color that goes nicely with gold, like teal.  What do you guys think?  How would you dress up you tea party?  What would your theme be?  What's your favorite kind of tea?

Upscale Tea Party

H M cable cardigan
£30 - hm.com

Mango slim skirt
£90 - mango.com

Sofft slip on boots
$200 - zappos.com

Prada leather bag
£920 - flannelsfashion.com

Jigsaw bangles jewelry
£39 - jigsaw-online.com

Ted Baker sequin hat
£35 - houseoffraser.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment