Friday, October 14, 2011

Fusion Hair Extensions

So let me tell you what I just went through to get these extensions!  So I found someone on craigslist that offered extension placement for a really good price.  I had a gut feeling that something was up, but after talking to her it seemed like she had a grasp of what she was doing.  So she tells me to go buy the hair which is pretty standard.  Some people will order it for you.  She told me what kind and what place and I pick the hair up.  It ended up being just shy of $200 and I later found out that I could get better quality hair for a little less than that!  So we schedule it for Thursday at noon and then she texts me a while later saying she wants to do it earlier so she can squeeze another person in that day.  So I say ok and bump it up to 10.  Then Thursday morning she texts me saying both her kids have pink eye and she doesn't want my son to get it (I was going to bring him).  I agree I don't want to bring my son and I say that I'll call my sitter not a problem.  My sitter is on her way to my house and she texts back saying oh I thought you meant 10 am tomorrow.  So I tell her no we never discussed tomorrow and today is the only day I can do it.  She tells me to come at 3 pm so I call my sitter send her back home and tell her to show up at 2:30.  THEN she texts me saying she just can't do it she doesn't have anyone to watch her kids and maybe another day.  Let me just say that I know that kids get sick and you can't control it.  However when you have a client that's going to be paying you money to do something, you should be a little more organized and diligent about rescheduling.  It shouldn't be back and forth and up in the air.  It's very unprofessional.  Her kids being sick is not MY problem, it's hers and she needs to handle it.  So I start calling around and find an actualy legit hairstylist who can do it for the same price.  I tell her what kind of hair I have and she tells me it's the worst hair on the market.  The bonds aren't 100% keratin which is what makes the bond strong.  The place I got them from doesn't do returns only exchanges and it was such a sketchy place I didn't want to get anything else from there.  I agree to just get these done and live and learn.  Through conversation I come to find out that the original girl that was going to do them used to come to this hairdresser and that she didn't have a clue about hair.  She also told me that she wouldn't trust her with her hair and that she got extensions with her and probably just saw what she was doing and then decided she could do it on other people.  God was looking out for me!!  I'm so mad at myself for being so gullible.  Anyway word to the wise, just go to a salon or a proper stylist.  It's usually cheaper if the stylist does it out of her home.  Now I know to go buy hair that is 100% Remy or Indian virgin hair and that the tip is 100% keratin.  I still have to go get it colored tomorrow to make it match my hair and then also get a proper cut to help it blend better.  The stylist did some cutting after she put them in, but I think it needs a full blown cut to make it work.  I had short shoulder length hair before I started so it's pretty bulky on top and a little thin on bottom.  If you guys have any questions let me know.  I'll do another post after I get my hair done tomorrow.  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment