Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fusion Hair Extensions

Alright so I've had the extensions for about a week and so far so good.  I have to brush my hair a lot to make sure it doesn't knot, but it's not a big deal.  I have to becareful when I wash it.  Let me talk a little about hair extension care:

When brushing:
Start at the ends with a wide tooth comb or a brush with natural bristles.  Work your way up to the roots and avoid the bonds.  Be as gentle as possible and get all the knots out.  Tie in a braid for bedtime to keep it from tangling.

When washing:
tilt head back do not wash with head upside down.  Gently massage your scalp getting around the bonds.  Do not massage in circles, the hair will knot, and it'll be difficult to untangle.  Apply conditioner from below the bonds and to the ends of hair.  Avoid putting ocnditioner on the bonds.  It's not a big deal if you get some on them but they'll last longer if you don't.

When styling:
You can treat the extensions like your own hair and use hot styling tools.  However, try to avoid keeping the hot tool from sitting on the bonds.  The amount of heat used to melt th ebond is less than typical styling tools so they will melt and that'll be a real mess! 

What it's like at first:
When you first get the extensions it hurts like hell.  Take advil a half hour before you get them done to avoid the soreness you'll feel throughout the application.  Then take advil before bedtime to avoid the pain you're going to feel when you lay your head down.  It HURTS!  It just feels really tight.  It reminds me of when you get acrylic nails for the first time.  The tight sore feeling.

There's tons of blogs and websites that talk about care and have a whole list of warnings.  Honestly, it's common sense, don't be too worried about if you're washing it right.  The bonds are strong and they will not just fall out because you scrubbed a little too hard.  You'll know just how to wash it and brush it.  Don't worry.  Extensions are fun and can be affordable if you find the right person to do them.  Once I get my license I will be offering them as well.  I want to try to make them really affordable so that everyone can have full bouncy hair! 

What I love most is styling my hair.  It is so pretty!  My color turned out really great!  It reminds me of Traci DiMarco or Kim Kardashian.  I style it similar to how they do.  Most of all, I feel really pretty.  I will say this: if you are lazy about doing your hair, do not get extensions.  You have to wahs your hair, brush it, and really take care of it.  You can't just through it in a pony tail and leave it ratty, it looks gross.  Just make sure you find someone who knows what they're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment